04 March 2010

Step Two - Classic Hand Tied Bouquet

So last night saw the second instalment of my Commercial Floristry Course at Perrotts School of Floristry.

No pop quizzes or theory of any sort this week, straight into the practical stuff! We watched the teacher create his Classic Hand Tied Bouquet and then it was up to us to get in there and do our own.

We were provided with some gorgeous spray roses, freesias, privet berries and camellia leaves. Here is what I came up with, eventually!!.....









I would be happy if the delivery man turned up at my door with a bunch of flowers like these??

It definetely wasn't easy, but once I got the technique right it just kind of happened! It took probably a good one and a half to two hours to complete. The teacher then told us that if you were to work as a florist it would be expected that you would complete this bouquet in 10 mintues! WOW! You would hope that you didn't get paid by the bouquet! I have a lot of practising to do!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails